Cafe chat

A place to socialize, meet new people, introduce yourself, play forum games, etc!
TeaThyme

Cafe chat

Welcome and hello!

I thought it would be fun to have a general chat space. Plus, it's me so I'm keeping with my coffee/tea theme. This is a great area to brainstorm forum games and getting to know each other. Feel free to post whatever here, I tagged it with the biohazard symbol just in case!

Some talking points/ideas:
  • What's your favorite or least favorite aspect of RP?
  • What kind of characters do you like to play and why?
  • What is your favorite food? Why?
  • What's an off-the-wall fact about you?
  • What's your favorite hobby/pass time?
Drappa

hi!!

oooh thank you for making this! getting forward to knowing you all!

Favorite/least favorite aspect of rp: favorite is most definitely picking out names!! least favorite is probably finding faceclaims ughghghghhg. Sometimes it's so hard to find any that aren't like 20 or younger RIP

What kind of characters do I enjoy playing & why?: Hmm good question! I'm going to have to go with ones that I can whump or put through h/c hehe but I also like older characters put in an rp theme that has some dark tones to it!

Favorite food & why?: Honeydew!! omg i could eat that shit for every meal and be content. & call me crazy but putting a pinch or 2 of sugar on them like you would on strawberries is good sometimes too! & as far as why, wish i could tell ya. It's not even a texture thing but i just love the taste so damn much!! and it's healthy so it all works out! & it doesn't dry out your mouth like some foods do!

What's an off the wall fact about me?: i can wag each of my eyebrows separately to the beat of songs lol

Favorite hobby/past time?: reading, but I recently got into cross stitching since covid quarantine hit and now it's up there in my top hobbies! it's relaxing when I dont mess up or when my fingers dont cramp lol

Now! if i can add some questions! you said you liked to keep the coffee/tea theme, what's your favorite type/flavor of one or both of those drinks? & are you on any other websites, whether it be for rping or for games?
Kami
Site Admin

hello !!

• oh, this seems like a great idea! thank you for making this thread. i'm really excited to get to meet all of the lovely people who join! c:
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    -- favourite/least favourite aspect of roleplaying?
    i guess that the least favourite thing would be my perfectionism? sometimes, it's rather hard for me to feel happy with what i have written and it often leads to this endless cycle of editing my posts until someone bonks me on the head, haha. apart from that, i adore everything about roleplaying, honestly; it feels like character development is what keeps me mingling in roleplaying websites and searching for new places and people to write with. overall, i just really enjoy writing! ♥

-- what kind of characters do you like to play and why?
    honestly, most of my characters are on the darker, more tragic side. i adore angst, so a lot of my original characters often have something bad happen to them because i'm evil and love torturing them. i try to keep my characters equal gender-wise and play both males and females without any huge preference. i don't like playing young or too happy characters as i often get bored with them. i'm the person who needs angst in order to keep going on; keep your sunshine and rainbows.

-- what is your favourite food? why?
    is alcohol considered food? it's not really a secret that i'm a heavier drinker and sipping on a cocktail or something more bitter is a favourite pastime of mine. food-wise, it is a bit harder to pinpoint something i'd go crazy for. i'm a big fan of caramel, but apart from this particular sweet, i mostly prefer savoury foods.

-- what's an off-the-wall fact about you?
    i'm double-jointed on the top part of my fingers and can bend that part of my fingers independently. as a treat; i can only snap with my left hand. :')

-- what's your favourite hobby/pastime?
    truthfully? writing. i'm also a big nerd and like watching movies or playing video games. lately, i've been spending a lot of time listening to podcasts (e. g. noble blood or lore, what makes a killer or the science of happiness, etc.), so i'm doing a lot of different thing at the same time. i've also gotten into d&d and am thinking of doing a little campaign of my own in the nearest future with some of my close friends. apart from that, i honestly just go sleep after getting back from work, haha.

-- what's your favourite type/flavour of tea/coffee?
    i'm a sucker for all of them! i like sweeter flavours of coffee (we don't have starbucks where i'm from, but we have something similar), so i often get shit with caramel and anything that can energise me for the rest of the day. tea-wise, i'm really not all that picky and i like drinking anything as long as i can add milk to it.

-- are you on any other websites, whether it be for roleplaying or for games?
    i used to be a part of a few other websites for roleplaying but have since abandoned them after me and teddy founded stained quills. game-wise, i got roped into playing a little bit of lioden & wolvden during my spare time, but it's been eating too much of my time lately, haha. i tend to play games via steam (or getting them in other ways as my job doesn't make me rich as hell, whoops), so you can usually find me over on steam under the username kornne59. :) i'd love to meet new people!
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    here's my addition to this little group of questions if anyone wants to answer them:
    - do you have any pets? what are they/what are their names?
    - what is your favourite genre of literature and why?
Drappa

Re: Cafe chat

favorite food being alcohol? I'm with ya!! I am a huge fan of the screwdriver drink, I also love black cherry rum with some cranberry juice mixed in, but recently, as my wallet needs to be spending less, I've been a fan of the $1 beer of whatever's on tap whether i like it or not lol. there's a bar me and my friends go to that has really good food for cheap so I typically get something to eat and then the dollar drafts!! what cocktails do you like, @Kami?

& as far as games, good ones Kami!! I'm with you i used to be heavy into LD and was a beta tester for wolvden but then i got covid and was kicked from the beta testing bc i was inactive. havent played it since! I should, but it was quite hard when I was playing lol. and ooh me too for steam games! I've got a few on there and I do play origin but only for the sims lmao

do you have any pets? what are they/what are their names?: 2 cats, nellie & millie, both are white with black and gray head, tail, & belly markings respectively, and a betta fish named bubby hehe

- what is your favourite genre of literature and why?: horror!! the very first book that kept me up throughout the night and had me not wanting to go to sleep was a horror book, and they've been interesting to me since then!
TeaThyme

Heya!

I'm so glad you guys are enjoying this! Admittedly I was a bit nervous that no one would like it.
Drappa wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:45 pm Favorite hobby/past time?: reading, but I recently got into cross stitching since covid quarantine hit and now it's up there in my top hobbies! it's relaxing when I dont mess up or when my fingers dont cramp lol
Oooh! Cross stitch is fun! I've never been exact enough to cross stitch but I do dabble in embroidery. Most of the time I stick with crochet and sewing though. I get what you mean about your fingers cramping! I have that problem when I crochet for too long. How did you decide to get into cross stitching?

you said you liked to keep the coffee/tea theme, what's your favorite type/flavor of one or both of those drinks?
I definitely cycle through what my favorites are. Right now I'm in a bit of a cold brew coffee kick, it is so easy and convenient to make at home! I'm also in the southern U.S. and it is sun tea season. So I'm really enjoying that and sweet ice tea with lemon. But I also have me a cup or so of Earl Grey each day. Give it a few weeks and I'll probably be moved on to green tea.

are you on any other websites, whether it be for rping or for games?
I was on a few other RP sites but found that I had gotten involved in a bunch of shallow RPs that slowly spiraled into obscurity. So, when I moved last month I decided to get a fresh start and leave almost all of my previous RP sites. I am, for the time being, on this website called Renaissance Kingdoms. It's an RPG with forums for text RP. I really enjoy it but the forums have been so glitchy for me lately that I am considering leaving. The community is fantastic though, so I might stick with it.

I also have a Switch and have an obsession with Animal Crossing because I am a dork like that. I definitely go through seasons where I don't play it at all followed by a month or so of playing it every day. I also enjoy Skyrim and Pokemon games.

$1 beer nights are wonderful! I also enjoy trivia nights and such, especially after so long of not getting to have them. I am a sucker for frozen margaritas too. If I'm making my own drinks I tend to go with a White Russian since they are so easy.
Kami wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:52 pm-- what kind of characters do you like to play and why?
honestly, most of my characters are on the darker, more tragic side. i adore angst, so a lot of my original characters often have something bad happen to them because i'm evil and love torturing them. i try to keep my characters equal gender-wise and play both males and females without any huge preference. i don't like playing young or too happy characters as i often get bored with them. i'm the person who needs angst in order to keep going on; keep your sunshine and rainbows.
I understand what you mean about characters with angst. I feel like there is depth and fun in exploring darker characters. That said, I enjoy playing sunshine-y characters - then throwing them into the pit of despair! I enjoy watching how characters evolve and cope when faced with dark situations. If there isn't conflict or change I start to get bored way too quickly.

- do you have any pets? what are they/what are their names?
I have a dog and some chickens. My dog is an Akbash named Big Dog (formerly Scooby-Doo). I don't have any kids or anything to give him such a basic name. My family just started calling him that and it stuck. My chickens are all mutts and none of them have names yet since they are one month old. Their favorite food is weeds and I like giving them sprouted lentils as treats. I got them for egg layers so they shouldn't be considered pets but they totally are. I spend way too much time with them.

- what is your favourite genre of literature and why?
My favorite genres are fantasy and science fiction. I use reading (and RP) as an escape and I love the feeling of becoming a part of another world. I've also been reading a lot of non-fiction books, like Deep Work by Cal Newport, lately. I'm a compulsive learner so I cling to almost anything I can get my hands on.

My additions:
• Can you listen to music when you write? If so, what do you usually listen to?
• If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?
teddy
Site Admin

catch me writing paragraphs for answers that could've been a sentence

• yes !! this is a great idea. thank you for making this, teathyme! it's nice to meet everyone & start interacting w/ y'all c:
      ───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
      what's your favorite or least favorite aspect of RP? my favorite aspect of rp is definitely plotting and headcannoning. i love coming up with all sorts of new ideas to keep an rp going, but i'm also a huuuugeee fan of just coming up with random, soft hcs to keep kami & i going in between replies! honestly i'd want to say actually writing the damn reply for least favorite part lol -- i love writing so much but sometimes it's just so hard to actually find the time, motivation, and muse to actually do it. i would have to agree with drappa, though! finding faceclaims is literally so hard. i'm so particular with faceclaims and how i want my character portrayed, so it's really, really hard to find a good faceclaim.

what kind of characters do you like to play and why? tbh, it depends. apparently, all of my female characters are just like, super soft, innocent, cottage-core kinda vibe, whereas all the male characters i play are hardened, gruff assholes who hate the world but also go soft for one person and one person only. tbh, i'd definitely have to say i'm a sucker for playing assholes.

what is your favorite food? why? anything sushi or poke bowls. i love raw fish but absolutely detest cooked fish. sushi is just so versatile that it's definitely the one food i could eat for the rest of my life without getting bored of it.

what's an off-the-wall fact about you? tbh i'm like, the most boring person ever, so i really don't have any off-the-wall facts about myself !! i guess, like, i'm actually moderately scared of being in an elevator? it's not the whole concept of me getting stuck, but it's that gross feeling of your stomach dropping that makes my skin crawl. i just went to disney last weekend and got pulled onto tower of terror with one of my family members and i almost passed out and had to be helped off of the ride bc i was shaking so bad ! probably the worst thing i have ever experienced in my life, 11/10 would NOT recommend.

what's your favorite hobby/pass time? watching movies and tv shows, for sure. in another life, i would so love to work with film and writing screenplays, not gonna lie. unfortunately, that career is too risky and too unreliable, so, i couldn't exactly pursue it. however, i love just simply watching films and just kind of like, thinking about all of the technical aspects that came along with it, if that makes sense. basically, i am that friend that talks your ears off at the movies spewing off random facts about the production of the movie we're seeing. but, obviously, writing and roleplaying are definitely favorites of mine, too. i love fandom rps especially bc i find it fascinating to build off of something already established and give it more depth, if that makes sense.

what's your favorite type/flavor of tea/coffee? i love wasting money at starbucks so my go-to order is a venti iced white chocolate mocha w/ nonfat or nondairy milk (which is just espresso, milk, white chocolate syrup, and probably a gross amount of sugar) or an iced shaken espresso w/ dark caramel sauce (which is also just espresso + browned caramel syrup + whatever milk i'm feeling that day) so that'd definitely be it; overpriced coffee is definitely my favorite and you can pry it from my cold, dead hands. as for hot tea, i love earl grey tea, especially if it has lavender in it ! or, definitely milk tea/boba -- it's super versatile and you can also pry that $9 cup of milk, tea, and tapioca pearls from my cold, dead hands.

are you on any other websites, whether it be for roleplaying or for games? i used to. i've been rping for a LONG time so i've been on my fair share of websites, but kami summed it up pretty well -- we met a lonngggg long time ago on an old site but we've both pretty much abandoned other sites since we've started sq. and, like, both kami and drappa, i was also on lioden for quite a while, but grew out of it after a while. i do have a steam as well but i don't have that much time outside of work and writing to play games. if i have the time, my go-to is world of warcraft (and i'm not ashamed of it) but, eventually, i would really love to get back into gaming.

do you have any pets? what are they/what are their names? yes ! i actually talked about them in my intro on the great big intro thread, which i encourage you guys to post on !! link if u haven't already :) but i have two cats, a budgie, and, a gecko! their names are leia, juno, victor, and (freddie) mercury, respectively !!

what is your favorite genre of literature and why? horror. as a kid i was obsessed with any kind of scary book, especially, like, the goosebumps books !! i don't read as much as i used to, unfortunately, but i try! i'm a huge history nerd so i love reading both historical fiction and factual historical books, too!

can you listen to music when you write? if so, what do you usually listen to? so, i can listen to music ONLY when i'm writing. i 100% have to pause it or turn it off when i read the post i'm replying to, just so i can ensure that i'm actually reading it properly, lol. but, for the music i listen to, it depends on what i'm writing. if i'm listening to something happy or pretty much just non-angsty, i listen to any kind of rock or pop music that's on my spotify 'on repeat' at that given time. if i'm writing something sad or angsty, i definitely have to turn on some kind of OST, whether it be game of thrones, harry potter, or something that just has a dark vibe to it. i feel like it helps me write my angst.

if you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go? tbh can i just pick like a roadtrip around the entirety of europe? idk, i've never been outside of the US so i'd love to just kind of travel and explore. let me go to france, let me go to italy, germany, let me go to lithuania to visit kami !! let me go everywhere, pls.
      ───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

now, for a few questions of my own!
      if you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would you pick?
      what's a plot/rp you've been dying to do, but have never found a partner for?
periwinkle

yooo

Image hey y'all, lemme get into this!

favorite/least favorite aspect of RP: favorite thing is plotting, least favorite thing is plotting. lol not kidding. i love world-building but i haaate making even the simplest decision (ask kami), so that makes it pretty...annoying for me at times. RATHER, i get annoyed with myself and my crippling inability to make a choice without another's feedback.

characters i play: mostly female, though i would like to practice more with writing men. honestly i have not roleplayed with any character besides one for like, a year or two it seems? but i think my characters tend to reflect myself unless i'm purposely writing them to be different. i like to play characters that start off kind of innocent/sweet, but then come out of their shell to be more confident and sarcastic/playful. as with kami and TeaThyme, i too love angsty situations and lowkey torturing my lovable idiots characters.

favorite food: pasta. no need for elaboration as it is essentially god's gift to humanity.

off the wall fact: LOL one time in the second grade my class put on this play about zoo animals and i was an ostrich. my grandma went all. out. making this costume and in hindsight, it was an amazing costume for a grade school play. anyway, my outfit kind of outshone the others as far as productivity went, so when i got up in front of the crowd to sing my solo about being a literal ostrich, everybody in the crowd started whispering and taking pictures. i took that as a bad thing and ended up bawling in front of everybody and ended up scarred emotionally for life and could not speak in front of others without severe anxiety for yearsss. true story. i got pics if anyone wants to see it!

favorite hobby: definitely watching netflix (literally talk to me about shows and give me recommendations plz), but i also enjoy playing the sims on my computer, writing (obviously), and drinking with hanging out with my boyfriend + friends!

favorite coffee/tea: i don't drink coffee (too bitter for me, sorry), and i occasionally drink green tea straight - which kind of makes me feel like a psychopath because should i be putting stuff in with it??

other websites: i started out on chicken smoothie and from there was introduced by an IRL friend to the site i was on prior to this one, where i met kami. i was a part of that site for like 5 years and only roleplayed with about 5 people from it lmao believe it or not, i am very shy okay

favorite genre of literature: romance, ugh. yes, i am a basic b****.

music: i listen to music pretty much non-stop in my life EXCEPT for when i write. rarely will i listen to something while writing. i listen to a different genre of music pretty much every week so that's kind of hard to align with my writing. because i listen to so much music i canNOT simply pick one song to listen to forever.

pets: currently no pets as i just recently moved into my first apartment (!!), but i am INCHES away from adopting a cat or five.

travel: i'd love to go to ireland, scotland, etc. something about the highlands, y'know?

It's tea time!

What's your favorite or least favorite aspect of RP?
My favourite aspect certainly is planning and plotting together with my partner, world building is also fascinating and fun! While being an introvert, I certainly enjoy the social aspect about roleplay, but this is also the worst part. People just ditching and ghosting you, while at the same time communicating and writing with other people. Communication is key, this also goes for roleplaying.

What kind of characters do you like to play and why?
I love to play difficult characters with many facets of 'difficult'. Mainly, this means war-torn, traumatized knights and warriors in fantasy roleplays who try to hide their vulnerability with AnGeR. But in general, characters that have lots of room for development in many directions. But they don't necessarily need to be war-torn, also the overly loyal lad can be problematic sometimes, and I also like to take traits that are seen as good and turn them into a problem.

What is your favorite food? Why?
Chili con or sin carne. It's easy to make, and easy to cook in a bulk, so you can eat it for two or three days. Also, it is spicy and I can throw insane amounts of garlic into it, and it will taste good, no matter how bad I screw up.

What's your favorite hobby/pass time?
Writing, playing video games and helping out at my local chapter. I will soon have my exam, so I can go on real missions and not just prepare cars. That's fun, though, too.

favorite coffee/tea?
It's some sort of peach tea, and I love it. In general, I like all sort of fruit-teas.

what's everyone's favorite show or movie?
I love Ocean's 13. I always watch it when I am sick. As for series: Penguins of Madagascar. Old but gold. Nothing more to say
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
My question would be:
What was your worst experience while travelling somewhere via train?
Kami
Site Admin

• Drappa wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:29 pm
    thank you! honestly, i'm not very picky about my drinks; i like pretty much everything, but i can't drink any spirit-based drinks on their own because it immediately takes me back to some not fun memories, haha. on weekdays i usually take it easy and drink some beer, cider or wine and on the weekends, i tend to go all-out with going to a bar with friends or just stay at home and mix cocktails of my own (if not on alcohol, then what else am i going to splurge on, y'know?). c:

cocktail-wise, i'm a big fan of the usual rum and coke, honestly! but, to name some of my favourites, i'm a fan of tequila sunrise, pina colada, gin & tonic, mojito and sex on the beach! i've recently tried the white russian cocktail and while it's a bit too bitter for me to drink frequently, it's good to get tipsy quickly. but i'm very open to drinks and like to also just drink beer or cider when i'm hanging out with my friends; it all depends on who i'm out with! sometimes we just do shots.

oh, i've got tons of games on steam, haha. naturally, i'm very fond of skyrim and the assassin's creed series, but i also love don't starve, the universim and slime rancher! i also like hidden object games when i'm not in the mood for something action-packed or if i don't want to play with other people (which happens more often than not).
    TeaThyme wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:56 pm
    angst makes the world go around! i guess that i always put a little bit of myself into my characters and lately it's just been difficult to always remain happy and positive, so that usually reflects in my writing/characters. when i used to write a bit more than i do now, i used to call myself the "self-proclaimed queen of angst"; i'm kinda trying to get that title back and will probably flood this whole forum with a lot of angsty prompts and whatnot when i get a bit more used to my schedule! :D
    -- can you listen to music when you write? if so, what do you usually listen to?
    i often listen to something when i'm writing! honestly, it depends on what exactly i'm writing for; most of the time, i listen to either classical music or original soundtracks from video games, tv shows or movies. i can't really listen to anything with lyrics when i'm writing (unless it is for some prompt) or i get distracted. some of my favourite soundtracks include music from lord of the rings, lineage 2, the elder scrolls v: skyrim, assassin's creed, etc. also mrsuicidesheep's mixes are amazing.

-- if you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?
    everywhere! i really want to visit all of my online friends, so this would extend to trips to the usa, the netherlands, england, croatia... honestly, i want to travel around the world and see a lot of new places. much like periwinkle, i also want to visit scotland again; i've been there once, but i wanna go pet the fluffy cows again!

-- if you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would you pick?
    right now i'm obsessed with a ukrainian band called go_a, so it would be either рано-раненько or веснянка (because i'm cool like that and can kind of understand them). knowing me, if you ask this question again in a couple of weeks, i'll probably give a completely different answer as my obsessions change every few days. :')

-- what's a plot/roleplay you've been dying to do, but have never found a partner for?
    honestly? something centred around the mmorpg lineage 2. i am incredibly fond of the game and i want to write about it only with someone with a similar obsession and love for its lore because i don't think i'm capable of explaining just how well-written and amazing it is. i have two characters that i insanely adore and would love to use in such a setting but because their story is very tightly-knit together and requires a lot of planning and whatnot, it's been difficult to find someone to write with...

-- what's your favourite show or movie?
    i'm obsessed with hannibal! i still believe they will renew it for the 4th season and you can't change my mind. it's my favourite tv show and i adore it to bits. movie-wise, i am an absolute slut for lord of the rings and silent hill. you can drag all three of these from my cold dead hands because i'm obsessed with all of them.

-- what was your worst experience while travelling somewhere via train?
    well, nothing! i don't really travel a lot - lithuania is small enough to get around by bus (well, inside my city, at least) and i don't really go anywhere outside of the city. if i do need to go somewhere further away than work/the countryside, i can also use a bus and just vibe there on my own, haha. i honestly prefer buses to trains.
    i'm also adding only one question because my ass is on fire and i really need to go shower my partners in content:
    - if you could learn one language and speak it fluently right now, what would it be and why?
TeaThyme

Caffeine-powered chat

teddy wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:32 pm
Sushi is sooo yummy and easy to make! Now that I'm thinking about it I might actually make some for lunch. What's your favorite kind? I'm a sucker for anything with crunchy bits in it, like tempura shrimp.

if you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would you pick?
I gotta be square, I think I would rather not listen to music ever again than listen to the same song over and over again. I'll definitely binge songs and listen to them over and over again then hate them. But, if I absolutely had to pick I would go with something long, like Bohemian Rhapsody. That way I could listen to small portions to mix things up a bit.

what's a plot/rp you've been dying to do, but have never found a partner for?
I had to think about this for a hot minute. A while back I did an RP where a werewolf became obsessed with and kidnapped a human. I didn't think I would like it but I ended up really enjoying it. The characters and motivations became really complex and there was a ton of unexpected external conflict. Unfortunately, my partner eventually ghosted me (the struggle is real) and I haven't found anyone to RP it with me ever again.
periwinkle wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:07 am favorite food: pasta. no need for elaboration as it is essentially god's gift to humanity.
Welcome to the party, Peri! Commenting on everyone's favorite foods is making me hungry but... what's your favorite pasta dish? I recently learned how to make homemade pasta and oh.my.gosh. It is soooooo much better than the store-bought stuff! I especially love shrimp scampi and baked ziti.

what's everyone's favorite show or movie?
Right now I really like Longmire. It has a western theme to it that reminds me of the shows I used to watch with my grandparents. My favorite movie is a teeny bit embarrassing, I LOVE Jaws. At this rate, it isn't even about the movie itself but about the memories behind it. I'm a sentimental sucker sometimes.
RottenCleric wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:32 am favorite coffee/tea?
It's some sort of peach tea, and I love it. In general, I like all sort of fruit-teas.
I had an iced blackberry tea the other day that was fantastic! One of the local ladies made it from fresh berries and it was so good! Do you prefer your fruit teas hot or iced?

What was your worst experience while travelling somewhere via train?
I don't know that I've ever had a bad experience traveling by train. My best experience was actually on the bullet train in China. It was sooo quiet and the seats were nice and comfy! I took a nap the whole trip, it was lovely.
Kami wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:42 pm -- what's your favourite show or movie?
i'm obsessed with hannibal! i still believe they will renew it for the 4th season and you can't change my mind. it's my favourite tv show and i adore it to bits. movie-wise, i am an absolute slut for lord of the rings and silent hill. you can drag all three of these from my cold dead hands because i'm obsessed with all of them.
Hannibal has changed sooooo much over its run. I haven't seen the last season but I remember being obsessed when it first came out. I feel like they did such a great job of characterizing and foreshadowing. Did you see they gave Clarice her own show? I haven't watched any but it seemed interesting. Do you like Silence of the Lambs?

- if you could learn one language and speak it fluently right now, what would it be and why?
If it was magically bestowed upon me, I would choose to speak Hindi. I know Chinese already and supposedly knowing Hindi would allow me to speak to almost 2/3rds of the world's population. That would be cool. But, if I had to learn it by hand I know Hindi is really difficult. So, I would probably go for Spanish because it is very practical in my area.

My question:
Do you prefer the mountains or the sea? Why?